
As most of my friends know the Eckert family has received orders to move to Germany. As most of you also know I was none to happy about this at first. God has some crazy ways of changing the way we see things. Let me explain a few things..
We have been here in Savannah for almost 5 years now. That is a lifetime in army terms. We moved here from NC in July of 2006. To say I did not want to move here would be an understatement. I was comfortable in NC. We attended and served at a small country church. We lived in a small country neighborhood. I was a youth leader and loved the kids there. I was in my own little box and did not want to venture out. God used my time in NC to begin to show me that I indeed did have a call on my life and I had slowly began to step out and walk in it. So why in the world did God decide to move us away from there?
Moving to GA was not my finest hour. I fought, yelled, cursed, sulked, pouted...you name it, I did it! It took us almost a year to get back into a church, but when we did WOW! God showed OUT! Our SSAG church body embraced us like no bodies business. And I mean EMBRACED!!! Who else would have shown up in 110 degree weather to be with me in a hot, crowded hanger to welcome home my soldier, whom they had NEVER met?
Through our SSAG family we were invited to Tres Dias. Again God was on a roll! God used Tres Dias to change our lives. We quickly became involved in Tres Dias and VN. I was in HEAVEN! We now have not only life long friends but true family. We really feel like we belong to the family of God now.
So how can I say good-bye to all of this? It has taken God about a week to push past my stubbornness this time. (alot less than last time LOL) I can honestly say that God has used the last five years here to break down the walls that have surrounded my heart for so long. That combined with everything He has taught us is the reason I can say I am not excited about this new adventure.
There has been alot of confirmation the last few days. Confirmation in small things that would mean nothing else to other people. I refuse to waste the opportunity laid before us and we are eagerly accepting this new missionary position. I know that we are backed by countless prayer warriors all over GA and NC and this gives me the courage and strength to push forward!
God is going to do amazing things these next three years and I have decided to blog and document them all... I am not a writer so bare with me :) Love to all of you!
Great blog! I look forward to seeing what God does in your lives!
ReplyDeleteAmen Sister! Hate to see you leave, but I'm excited to hear all the amazing ways God uses your family in Germany. And, of course, I'll be waiting (kinda) patiently for your return! Love you!
ReplyDelete