Sunday, April 3, 2011
If I would just look...
Not sure how many of you know what is going on right now with out move, but I can say I have had a tough week. We had been told we would have concurrent travel (the entire family would leave and travel together). With this assurance we put the house up for rent and have a renter moving in May 1st. Bill received his orders last week stating deferred travel (he would leave first and we would follow when housing was available over there). This basically left the kids and I homeless... Let alone the fact I am tired of having our family separated. My first reaction was totally human...I cried and felt like I was punched in the stomach. Then I prayed... prayers of desperation, prayers crying out to my Daddy to fix this. For two days I prayed and cried and tried to cheer myself up. The first day I said nothing to anyone, I didn't want to talk to anyone. The next day I reached out to my sister's in Christ. They lifted us up in prayer and encouraged me. Thursday we found out it would only take one email from the housing office (the same people who told me we would have concurrent travel) to change our orders. I wanted Bill to take care of it so I gave him all the information to call. He tried to call for three hours with no answer. He finally called me to tell me his phone was dead and I would have to call. My first call to the housing office and someone answered! hmm?? I was able to speak to an american (most of the workers are German and sometimes communication is hard). He had me send him all the notes I had saying we had concurrent travel (something Bill would not have had access to). I sent it to him and he promised to call back that day. His office closed at 4 German time...at 5 German time I gave up hope...at 5:30 German time he called back. He told us that everyone coming to Germany at this time was on deferred travel BUT because we had been told we had concurrent we would! It is not official yet, by the time we spoke on Friday everything over there was closed for the weekend, but it is God at work. If I had not asked about concurrent travel weeks ago, I would not have had the things saying we had it. If I had not been the one to get through to the housing office, Bill would not have had the correct info to give them. God at work. I can't say that I am totally at peace..I ask for your prayers still. But I am standing on God's word and reminding myself and encouraging myself moment by moment in His promises. I still am trying not to think about it or talk about it... I am depending on God minute to minute... I know His ways are perfect..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment